Thank you for visiting the website of the University of Wisconsin-Madison Department of Bacteriology. For more than a century, we have been known for outstanding research and teaching, and we are committed to a future in which this excellence will continue.
In brief, we produce discoveries that contribute to basic knowledge, we develop practical applications that affect lives, and we provide superior training for the next generation of microbiologists. The training we provide allows undergraduate and graduate students to begin careers that contribute to the world in many ways -- in research, teaching, industry, entrepreneurship, scientific writing and editing, and government service. Our faculty, staff, and students have created a vibrant place to learn, teach, and conduct research, a place rich in opportunity, ideas, creativity, and resources, and a place where people can flourish and discover their own potential. Because we engage people with widely differing backgrounds, talents, perspectives, and styles, we achieve excellence through diversity.
You can help support the Department of Bacteriology by making a gift to the University of Wisconsin Foundation. Make a Gift
- Thu, Apr 26 @ 3:30 pm
Sukjoon Jun, Univ of California, San Diego
- Metzger SA, Hernandez LL, Skarlupka JH, Suen G, Walker TM, Ruegg PL, Influence of sampling technique and bedding type on the milk microbiota: Results of a pilot study., J. Dairy Sci. DOI, PubMed
- Theisen E, McDougal CE, Nakanishi M, Stevenson DM, Amador-Noguez D, Rosenberg DW, Knoll LJ, Sauer JD, Cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 Play Contrasting Roles in -Stimulated Immunity., J. Immunol. DOI, PubMed
- Pan J, Hu C, Yu JH, Lipid Biosynthesis as an Antifungal Target., J Fungi (Basel) DOI, PubMed
- Pellett S, Bradshaw M, Tepp WH, Pier CL, Whitemarsh RCM, Chen C, Barbieri JT, Johnson EA, The Light Chain Defines the Duration of Action of Botulinum Toxin Serotype A Subtypes., MBio DOI, PubMed
- Eggers S, Malecki KM, Peppard P, Mares J, Shirley D, Shukla SK, Poulsen K, Gangnon R, Duster M, Kates A, Suen G, Sethi AK, Safdar N, Wisconsin microbiome study, a cross-sectional investigation of dietary fibre, microbiome composition and antibiotic-resistant organisms: rationale and methods., BMJ Open DOI, PubMed
- Li XS, Wang Z, Cajka T, Buffa JA, Nemet I, Hurd AG, Gu X, Skye SM, Roberts AB, Wu Y, Li L, Shahen CJ, Wagner MA, Hartiala JA, Kerby RL, Romano KA, Han Y, Obeid S, Lüscher TF, Allayee H, Rey FE, DiDonato JA, Fiehn O, Tang WHW, Hazen SL, Untargeted metabolomics identifies trimethyllysine, a TMAO-producing nutrient precursor, as a predictor of incident cardiovascular disease risk., JCI Insight DOI, PubMed
- Carlos C, Fan H, Currie CR, Substrate Shift Reveals Roles for Members of Bacterial Consortia in Degradation of Plant Cell Wall Polymers., Front Microbiol DOI, PubMed
- Korosh TC, Dutcher A, Pfleger BF, McMahon KD, Inhibition of Cyanobacterial Growth on a Municipal Wastewater Sidestream Is Impacted by Temperature., mSphere DOI, PubMed